Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

In my life puzzle, I have a giant piece missing. It is one of those important pieces that once you lose it, it cannot be replaced. You will pick up new pieces that will fit into your puzzle, but not in this one spot. This special spot can only be filled by your Mom.

It has been 14 years since I lost my Mom and yes, as time goes by, it does get a little easier. There are times though, that I really wish she was here, because I NEED her!

My Mom was more than just a mom to me. She was my best friend! She was my go-to person whenever I needed something, or had a question, or just wanted a shoulder to cry on. We had a very special relationship and I shared everything with her. I remember back to all the times we would hang out together. We loved to go shopping and grab a bite to eat, just the two of us. It was our special "girl-time" that I cherish so much!

My Mom was a true fighter! On the outside, she may not look like one, but on the inside, she was the strongest person I know. Even when her life was breaking down, she still worried about her family. She wanted to make sure we were all right.

So as Mother's Day gets closer, I am really missing her. My heart is breaking and I feel so alone. I know I'm not though, as I am surrounded by a wonderful family and great friends. It just all goes back to my puzzle. Looking down and seeing that missing piece really saddens me. I may be a grown woman, but deep down inside I am just a young girl who needs her Mom!




I miss you so much Mom! You are forever in my heart and I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Kristi - a very nice tribute to your mom, and you are absolutely right about how when you lose your mom, there is an empty spot that just can't be filled it. Your mother was a beautiful lady. Happy Mother's Day - and fond memories.

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost my mom a long time ago and still miss her. I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete