Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trying Something New

We went out to dinner with some great friends on Saturday night. Always a good time!
This couple is very smart in their meal planning. They like to spend their Sunday's cooking, and that food will get them through the entire week!
I'm so NOT this smart. I will plan for a couple meals, then we will eat out the other nights or just scrounge the kitchen for whatever we can put together. I am also usually making the same ol' thing too. I will be honest, I'm not much of a cook. My Mom was a great cook and my MIL is an awesome cook. I wish I could do it like she does, but it just isn't me.
So this week, I decided to break out of my rut and try something new! I went online for some good recipes that we could turn the leftovers into other meals. 
So far Monday brought us a roast:


Today at work, my husband turned the left over beef into a burrito with cheese and salsa. We will do this as a family later in the week.

Tonight we will enjoy bbq chicken sandwiches:


With these leftovers we will make a bbq chicken homemade pizza.

So I'm sure you can tell, these weren't taken with my camera, but with my Iphone instead. I also had fun playing around with the Instagram app and got the following pictures:

My little dude's new haircut:


Playing around in the car, waiting for my oldest to get out of school:


Lastly I will end with......Cheers!


4 comments:

  1. I'm horrible about planning ahead for dinner...and then I'm mad at myself when the mad rush comes to have something ready for my family...and I'm always scrambling. Looks like you made some yummy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a challenge to plan healthy meals for an entire week, especially when you work outside the home. It sounds as though you are on the right track with the crock pot though. Your little dude is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cook every Sunday too - I am too tired after my day at work to think about making something healthy!! You did great!

    ReplyDelete